World P – 3 Essential Amazon Selling Tips to Grow Your Sale
Amazon has been the largest online retailer globally for many years. There is a common misconception, however, that when people buy from Amazon, they think they are directly purchasing from Amazon. On the contrary, about 45% of items sold on Amazon are actually from third-party sellers.
Whether you are a seasoned or new seller on Amazon, you will have to invest much of your time, money, and effort in trying to promote and sell your items on Amazon. With a lucrative market and endless competition, you have to learn adaptive ways to improve your selling strategy so that you can stand out among the crowd.
Know that selling on Amazon is actually not as hard as it may seem. With some tips and guidance to help you get started, you will make more money selling on Amazon than in any other online retailer platform. Keep on reading to find out the three essential selling tips to grow sales.
- Make your prices competitive
The majority of online shoppers are looking to find good deals on Amazon. Most of them would even first visit a store and then only check out the products on Amazon. If they find that what you are offering is more competitive, chances are, they will purchase from you.
When you are starting out with selling on Amazon, it is best to research how much your competitors are charging so that you can beat their price. You can also subscribe to Amazon’s ‘Match Low Price Feature,’ which provides updates on your pricing based on how your competitors are doing.
- Register as a professional seller
You can basically sell as an “Individual” or sell as a “Professional” in Amazon. However, it is recommended to register as a professional seller and here are several reasons to do so:
- There are several restricted categories on Amazon that you need to apply before you can start selling your items, such as shoes, clothing, auto accessories, and jewellery, among others. To be able to sell items in these categories, you need to be registered as a pro seller.
- Being an individual seller on Amazon, you are charged with 15% selling commission plus 99 cents per item sold. As a professional seller, however, you pay a small fee of $39.95 per month, but you are only charged with the 15% and not the 99 cents extra. If, for example, you are able to sell 40 items or more per month, you will actually save more money on fees.
- You can take advantage of gift services, listing features, and promotions.
- You are allowed to create product listings that are currently not sold on Amazon. Plus, you can also create product bundles, which are a great way to boost your profits.
- You can manage inventory using spreadsheets, reports, and feeds.
- You will be qualified for listing placement in the Buy Box, where over 78% of sales originate from.
- Automate your listings
Being an online seller means you have to involve yourself in lots of tough work. However, you can create various handy shortcuts that will help you save time and effort. One example is to make use of an API automate listings, which basically lets the technology do the heavy lifting job for you. Research about such technology from various software programs available, try them, and figure out what works best for you.
With many methods to help you get around selling on Amazon, just remember to always have a positive mindset. Anyone can start an online business, but only those with the right perspective and positive mindset will succeed in this business.
If you are looking for an Amazon consulting partner to help you grow your sales, get in touch with us today! We’re happy to help.